Monday, October 4, 2010

Out and About: Catalina Island

I'll start by saying, I've been a bad blogger. It's been several months since my last post, but I am back for good! Let's just think of it as an extended summer vacation, and I won't bore you with excuses.

It may be October, but the weather is far from showing any signs of fall here in LA. This past weekend, we spent a day at Catalina Island. It was my second visit (the first was during my Senior trip in 2004), and from the moment we stepped out of the ferry I wondered why we hadn't made a trip sooner. At first glance, the island is reminiscent of an Italian city, much like Capri, with the white buildings and tropical pops of color. It's hard to believe that this little oasis is 26 miles from home, but there's always another ferry available to take in the future.

Photobucket
traveling by land and by sea:
a local's orange cruiser & our ferry to the island
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Original Jack's:
a much needed Kona coffee & high carb breakfast
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
Our day excursion:
1,400 feet in the sky
Photobucket

Photobucket
Descanso Beach Club:
sitting beachside & a Bloody Mary
PhotobucketPhotobucket






3 comments:

  1. This looks like such a gorgeous place, my dear! Glad you had fun and even more glad that you're back!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, so glad my favorite blog is back! So no more hiatuses please :)
    Catalina is one of the best little get a way's that more people should experience in my opinion. I think all those beautiful pictures just inspired me to go.

    xoxo,
    Lya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I adore your bag and your trip looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online