Monday, November 29, 2010

Out & About: An Anchorage Holiday

After a red-eye flight and an accompanying cold I caught a day earlier, it's safe to say I'm glad to be back home. My trip to Anchorage for the holiday was filled with seeing friends from my past (3rd grade), driving down memory lane to see my childhood houses, waking up to fresh snow on the ground, and a certain dessert that's become a classic in my mom's kitchen. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well!

dogwalking
*morning dog walk in the fresh snow*

bridge
*a picturesque view of a frozen creek and bridge*

stockings
*an antique shop: a combination of old and new*

trees
*upside down trees, miniature trees, and aluminum trees*

ornaments
*vintage ornaments to go along with a fresh tree*

pavlova
*Mom's famous pavlova*

coffee
*drive through coffee huts strewn all across town*

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lovely holiday, my dear! I didn't know you grew up in Alaska -- so fun.
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online