Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Work Style Versus Life Style

There comes a time in everyones life where you really see the difference in your work life and personal life. It isn't any more apparent than right now as I sit lounging in my baby blue bikini. It's a stark contrast from yesterdays work attire of a black blazer and dress, all black.

This got me thinking about my awful black dress code requirements.

*All black. There is a rumor we can also wear navy and dark brown, but who wants to look like an oopma loompa or a giant turd when you can keep it simple by looking like a trash bag.
*Belts have to be black with a silver buckle. Oh! I get it. You don't want me to be able to accessorize at all.
*Close toed shoes. Which means nothing but comfy flats or a black boot in the winter.

Wearing a school uniform for all of my school life did not prepare me for the gloomy black attire I've had to wear day in and day out. At least I had a selection of colors and styles. I don't think my co-workers even know what I look like outside of black, let alone get a glimpse of my personal style.

Ladies, be thankful you get to create outfit posts from work, accessorize til your hearts content and share your style every work day! Until that time comes for me, I'll be extra colorful and style conscious on my days off!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to wear jeans with some work top thing (which is not pretty!) or otherwise black trousers. When they saw me in my own clothes they hardly recognized me.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online