Friday, May 7, 2010

P.S. I Love You

This Sunday there's nothing more I wish I could do than to spend it with my mom on Mother's day. If only Florida wasn't 2,500 miles away. Instead, I'll have to reminisce with old pictures that remind me of the past 23 years of her constant love and never-ending support (plus those 9 months in the womb and the 24 hours of labor she won't let me forget about). There's more memories than I could write, but here's a few I'll always cherish. Some big. Some small. Each just as special to me.

*Catching up over the latest episode of Gilmore Girls as a teen.
*Putting me through private school as a single mom.
*My birthday cake and bedspread always representing my latest Disney infatuation
(101 Dalmatians, The Little Mermaid).
*Letting me cry on her shoulder.
*Showing me the practicality of power tools and home repairs,
even when I didn't care to listen.
*Her comfort when my childhood fear of E.T was too much to bear.
*Singing along to "We Didn't Start the Fire" and "Fast Car".
*Teaching me the meaning of unconditional love.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Happy Mother's Day Mom.
I can't wait to add more memories to the list.
love you. love you. love you.

p.s. Please don't cry.

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely tribute! I live far from parents too, I know what it feels to be in another country (in my case) when you would like to be near them...

    Margaux

    ReplyDelete
  2. this really is beautiful. my mom's in egypt and i'm in the UK... total bummer to not get to spend these sorts of days together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute... Wishing all a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!! Happy almost Mothers Day to your mom!! love the ps :)

    Happy Friday! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this quite nearly made ME cry! So sweet. These pictures are darling.
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazingly adorable.




    INTOTHEFOLDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Chels. Your mom should be so proud. (I know she is =) ) I'm glad to see you are doing so well for yourself. Keep on being great!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online