Friday, March 12, 2010

Judging A Book By It's Cover

Packaging is always one of my favorite things about beauty products, and the first thing that draws me to an item. While I fully understand the marketing tactics behind it, I'm always a sucker for a lovely presentation. Whether it's the container inspired by Marie Antoinette's jewelry box (see the Guerlain powder below) or the engraving on their lipstick, the delightful details and feminine frills get me every single time.

Photobucket

Butterfly palette, Meteorite powder by Guerlain
Shimmer dust by Tarina Tarantino, Tart cheek stains
Engraved lipstick by Guerlain
Sephora frosted pink brush set, Too Faced bronzing set

4 comments:

  1. I agree -- I'm a complete sucker for pretty packaging. I love that Guerlain powder!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post - I'm another girl who is crazy for packaging! Sometimes I wonder if I'm buying a product because I think it's great or just for the pretty box/bottle/whatever it comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally with you. It's the one reason I loved Dior products the second I laid eyes upon them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about packaging and I really like your blog :)

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online