Friday, March 19, 2010

'Tis the Season

Yesterday something happened that hasn't occurred in quite a while. For the first time in months, my car turned into a sauna and I had to turn on the AC. While soon the apartment will take on the same routine, I choose to focus on the good things that spring brings, instead of the power bill that will be calling my name. Here are the seasonal fruits and vegetables that will be on my farmer's market shopping list and will have my taste-buds wanting more.

Ahi ceviche in Kailua
avocados in ceviche
or homemade guacamole
(image via flickr)

Pineapples
sliced pineapple put on the grill
or in tarts and cakes
(image via flickr)

mango and strawberry shakes
strawberry and mango in smoothies
or over froyo

(image via flickr)

Artichokes
artichoke hearts in salads
or simply roasted with olive oil and lemon
(image via flickr)

9 comments:

  1. Fresh fruit and smoothies are my favorite summer foods -- aside from ice cream, of course!
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm.... gaucamole and pineapples scream summer time lovin' to me.
    think i'll go make a fresh squeezed juice now... thanks to you :)

    xx
    refusestolabel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some of my favorites! I adore guacamole and always wish I could have avocados on hand so I could make some anytime I wanted.

    For all the wonderful things spring brings, it's worth it.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! these look incredible! love all the colours. totally wishing it was that warm over here! enjoy some sunshine for me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that first picture is amazingly delicious-looking and pineapple's my favorite fruit of all time.


    PS. visit my blog at:
    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankyou for visiting my blog. I love all of these foods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pics make my crave them!!!!!! wow. so pretty.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online