Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Eat Up: Mango Parfait

Photobucket
Fruit Loops seemed unappealing yesterday morning for breakfast, so I turned to this recipe as an alternative to the sugary O's. The presentation may look fancy, but the steps are as simple as you can get. Parfait combinations are endless, and I keep drumming up more versions for later in the week. I've even got my sights set on a dessert adaptation with Oreos+whipped cream or maybe peanut butter cups+marshmallow fluff. It all evens itself out when you have a healthy and classic strawberry+granola .

PhotobucketPhotobucket
toasted coconut sprinkled over cut mango cubes

Photobucket
plain yogurt mixed with pure maple syrup

Photobucket
layer until complete

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, this looks delicious! And so pretty. Guarantee I'll be doing this with raspberries or peaches and yogurt in the very near future.
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum! This looks delicious. I'm not a fan of plain yogurt so this looks like a great way to eat it. I must try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I love mangoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. might make this for the bf... he loooveees mango!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so so great! going to peek at the rest of your blog
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks completely amazing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. my. goodness... This looks heavenly!!! It looks light and sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That looks amazing..and my favorite fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh!
    My brother and I adore mango- and this is a good way for us to "stretch" the mango flavor a little more.
    Yay!
    Can't wait to try it out!

    Hope you have a great little Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online